Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement highly scalable ELK.
- Working experience on filters, query parsers and their customization, dynamic fields, performance tuning, faceted search, and grouping
- Design and implement automated techniques and processes for the bulk and real-time indexing in Elasticsearch.
- Should be able to write efficient search queries, assign proper weightage to search results, and organize them.
- Should be able to design query time synonyms and stop words.
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs (especially as they pertain to a highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environment)
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs.
- Work alongside a dedicated development team to integrate the application with Elasticsearch.
Required skills and experience:
- Five years of hands-on experience with Elasticsearch.
- Must be able to apply SDLC concepts and Agile scrum methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of design and integration principles for complex IT environments.
- Strong expertise in ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) stack.
- Experience in Core Java and J2EE technologies like Spring, XML, XSD, XSLT, XPATH, JSON, Spring boot.
- Strong understanding of Elasticsearch Index configuration options, Multi-Index Search, Runtime Query techniques.
- Should know about Elasticsearch query tuning, search score, and relevancy.
- Should know shards and replicas configuration.
- Should know Elasticsearch integration with Java APIs.
- Well-versed with Linux/Unix platform, Shell scripting.
- Expert knowledge in memory management fine-tuning the Elasticsearch.
- Should have experience in designing and implementing highly scalable ELK.
- Should have strong experience in Elasticsearch query languages and writing complex queries with joins and aggregate that deal with a large amount of data.
- Experience in GitHub handling repository version control.
- Experience in AWS hosting an application and debugging.
- Detailed design, development, and unit/integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology, and tools.
- Ability to produce client deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans, and well-documented code and ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction.
- The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication problem-solving skills and be a team player.
- Knowledge of current technologies and application software development.
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail, and the ability to work on various projects are necessary.
- This position also requires excellent time-management skills.
- Knowledge of web applications, AWS environment for ELK setup, etc.
- Understanding of API integrations with Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of database/SQL queries
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferable computer science/engineering.
SoftClouds LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, SoftClouds LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment.