Senior Project Manager
San Diego, CA
Our IT department is growing by leaps and bounds, and we’re in need of a Project Manager with a can-do attitude, a strong interest to learn new technologies, a willingness to adopt best practices from the existing Project Management team, and the aptitude and work ethic to advance your career as a Project Manager. This role covers all aspects of project management from project planning, tracking, and reporting to interacting with SoftClouds project teams and clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple, competing, cross-functional projects simultaneously, acting as a project manager/project lead for short duration, rapid deployment projects.
- Work with Development managers to ensure proper resource alignment and prioritization for cloud-based CRM/CX projects. Be a strong advocate for your project in a dynamic environment with many competing projects and priorities.
- Help the PM team to provide weekly status reports and other communications to customers and act as a pointperson for requests for information and support.
- Work with Customers and the Customer teams to schedule delivery of project milestones.
- Provide hands-on project leadership during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and postimplementation phases of customer projects.
- Learn proven techniques to run project meetings, publish notes and actions, to create and to maintain timelines, and to keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with SoftClouds and customer teams to ensure all business requirements have been collected, documented, and agreed to. Additionally, involvement in developing technical/functional design documents.
- Track and perform weekly project P&L analysis, providing enabling adjustments to achieve desired profitability and outcome.
- Review / revise existing processes, procedures, work methods and identify concrete improvements to operational effectiveness and accuracy
- 10+ years’ experience required, including Development experience and Technical Project Manager Experience, preferably in a SAAS and large enterprise or hybrid cloud-based solutions. Functional managers with experience in these areas would also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, documentation, and resource scheduling.
- Strong working knowledge of management information systems, networks, database, and software applications. Hands-on experience in these areas is a definite plus. Highly organized engineers would also be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels. Ability to communicate technical topics/issues clearly and concisely.
- Experience and familiarity with standard project management tools (MS Project, Visio, and Excel)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business or related subject.
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to info-at-softclouds.com