Account Executive - Products
San Diego, CA/Remote
As an Account Executive at SoftClouds, you will drive SoftClouds future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy users of our Knowledge Management software, Products. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of
the organization, including the CTO, COO, Chief Knowledge Officer, and CFO. You have experience working with upper middle market and enterprise companies. You have an in-depth understanding of the long buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-quarter sale in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. You are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decisions.You get excited about prospecting and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle from start to finish. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets. If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Develop a prospect list from current users of competitive knowledge management products. You will own this
account list and develop account plans for winning and expanding business with upper middle market and
- Attend conferences: booth manning, lead qualification, immediate follow up and initial meeting scheduling (by
phone, email, and letter)
- Qualify passive inbound leads, and cover initial sales prospecting calls
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for upper middle market and enterprise companies
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new and existing clients
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
- 5+ years of product and/or software sales experience.
- Self-driven and good expedition behavior: when you hit a new city to set up for a conference on a weekend, you’ll be eager to be there and pick up any task that needs doing next.
- Outgoing: you’re the one who makes friends with the person next to you in line for coffee.
- Curious: we’ve built an entirely new and modern platform for the next generation of knowledge management.
You’ll want to learn how it was done before, what we’re doing that’s different, and question why (and if!) the
way we it does is better.
- Caretaking spirit for the leads you generate going all the way to being closed deals.
- Strong listening: most of sales is not pushing a product. It’s listening to what problems a client says they have,
and coming up with a tailored, articulate way to solve their personal problem.
- Optimistic: selling can be hard. Selling to tried and true users of our competitors’ software more so
- Want to travel you’ll be getting on planes.
- Work well with small teams: as with all tech companies. We’re small, scrappy and very innovative. Your job it
to tell the world about us and why we’ve come up with a better solution to knowledge management
- Experience selling knowledge software is a plus or at least an understanding of how the incumbent solutions
work and why we’re so much better